White radish is a common vegetable that can be made into a variety of dishes.
What is white radish?
The white radish is a kind of root vegetable. It is cylindrical, thick and long. The skin is slightly yellow, and the core is white. It has a high medicinal value!
Varieties of white radish
According to Chinese classification, white radish is mainly divided into 4 categories.
1. Baiyu white radish is a new type of white radish, which is a hybrid of white radish introduced from Japan. Its growth time is about 60 days. This variety is resistant to low temperatures, with an average root length of about 40 cm. The skin is very white and very bright, and the taste is only slightly spicy.
2. Chunyu white radish is a kind of spring white radish. Its growth time is about 60 days. This type of white radish is not large, and the maximum is about one kilogram. Chunyu white radish has excellent taste, crispy and juicy, which is very suitable for making salads.
3. Chunbai No. 2 white radish is also a relatively new variety. Its growth time is about 65 days. It has a large head and a single weight of about 3 kilograms. Chunbai No. 2 white radish is white from the skin to the inside. The meat is very tight, the taste is slightly sweet, and there is almost no spicy taste.
4. Changchun Dagen is a large white radish variety cultivated in South Korea. It can be sown in both spring and autumn, and the quality in spring is particularly good. Its growth time is about 45 days. The weight of each single is almost 2 kilograms. The large roots of Changchun are all white, and the flesh is also tender and juicy.
How to storage white radish
Method 1: Peel the fresh white radishes and remove the roots, and strictly remove the too-small white radishes and the one with wounds.
Dig a 1-meter square and pit with the radish roots facing up, leaning against the wall of the pit and lining up. Spread a layer of radish, sprinkle a layer of about 10 cm thick pure soil, alternately discharge in this way, put a total of four layers.
If the pit soil is too dry, it can be moistened by spraying water appropriately. And the soil should be less covered in warm weather and more covered in warm weather.
Method 2: Cut the radish to the top and make a layer of yellow mud for the radish and stack them in a cool place. If you add a layer of wet soil outside the radish pile, the effect is better.
Method 3: Put a water tank with fill water indoors, pile the white radish around the tank and cover them with 15 cm thick wet soil.
How to choose a good white radish
There are several standards for a good white radish:
1. The color of the white radish should look very tender and bright;
2. Pinch the white radish with your fingers, and its surface is hard and solid;
3. The length roots of the white radish must be straight;
4. The white radish skin is smooth, without scratches or skin damage;
5. The white radish shape is straight and not deformed or obvious local unevenness.
The benefits of white radish?
1. White radish contains mustard oil, amylase and crude fiber, which can promote digestion, increase appetite, accelerate gastrointestinal motility, relief cough and reduce phlegm. It also has a good therapeutic effect on acute and chronic pharyngitis.
2. White radish contains lignin, which can improve the vitality of some beneficial cells and prevent cancer.
3. The content of vitamin c in white radish leaves is more than 4 times in that of rhizomes. And vitamin c can prevent skin aging, prevent the formation of black spots, and keep the skin white and tender.
What does it taste like?
Raw white radish has spicy skin. Except for the skin, it is slightly spicy and sweet taste.
White radish recipes
1 middle white radish
150g rock sugar
How to cook white radish
1. Peel and slice the white radishes. Add the right amount of salt and marinate for 30 minutes. Remove the water from the white radish.
2. Heat a hot under medium heat, and cook vinegar and rock sugar until completely dissolved. Let it cool and then add white radishes and the right amount of chili.
3. Put the white radishes in a glass container and sealed for more than 10 hours. Serve.
- 1 middle white radish
- 150g rock sugar
- 200g vinegar
- Peel and slice the white radishes. Add the right amount of salt and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a hot under medium heat, and cook vinegar and rock sugar until completely dissolved. Let it cool and then add white radishes and the right amount of chili.
- Remove the water from the white radish. Put the white radishes in a glass container and sealed for more than 10 hours. Serve.