Wood ear mushroom salad is a home-cooked dish made of wood ear mushroom with carrots, parsley, onions, red peppers and sweet peppers. It has a refreshing taste and nutrient-rich, especially suitable for summer consumption.
What is a wood ear mushroom?
The wood ear mushroom is also called fungus or agaric, mainly grown in China and Japan. It is divided into white fungus and black fungus. Black fungus is the most common. It can be both wild and artificially cultivated. The seed body is ear-shaped, leaf-like or cup-shaped, thin, wavy at the edge, 3-10 cm wide and 2 mm thick.
The color is black and brown, the texture is soft and gelatinous, thin and elastic, translucent when wet, and shrink to hard brittle keratin when it is dry. It is delicious and full of nutritious. The wood ear mushroom is sweet and flat, with many medicinal effects.
Wood ear mushroom look-alikes
Fresh wood ear mushroom:
Fresh wood ear mushroom is soft and translucent, with smooth mucus on the surface and a soft texture.
Dried wood ear mushroom:
Wood ear mushroom shrinks to keratin after drying, hard and brittle, dark gray or grayish-white on the back
Wood ear mushroom nutrition:
(Raw material ratio: 50 grams of dried fungus)
Wood ear mushroom benefits:
1. The content of iron in the wood ear mushroom is extremely rich, so often eat it will help nourish the skin, make the skin rosy, radiant, and can prevent iron deficiency anemia;
2. The wood ear mushroom contains vitamin K. It will reduce blood clots and prevent the occurrence of thrombosis. And it also will prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease;
3. The gum in the wood ear mushroom can concentrate the dust and impurities remaining in the digestive system of the human body and discharge it out of the body, thereby playing the role of clearing the stomach and purifying the intestine;
4. It also helps to digest fiber-like substances, dissolves and clear the indigestible hair, chaff, wood residue, sand and metal shavings, that you are inadvertently eaten. Therefore, it is a chemical and health food that is indispensable for textile workers;
5. It also has a significant resolving function for endogenous foreign bodies such as gallstones and kidney stones;
6. Wood ear mushroom contains anti-tumor active substances, so it can enhance the body’s immunity and prevent cancer.
How to choose good wood ear mushrooms?
1. A good wood ear mushroom is black and smooth, and the back is grayish white。
2. Its piece is evenly distributed, and the ear flap is stretched,
3. Its body is light and dry and translucent. It free from impurities and has a fragrant smell.
4. A good quality dry fungus is good at bulging. After soaking in water, it can grow up from 0.5 kg to 5 kg.
Wood Ear Mushroom edible guide:
Direct consumption of fresh wood ear mushrooms can be poisoned. Because it contains “porphyrin”. The existence of this substance will cause plant solar dermatitis. That may cause your skin redness, itching, rash, blisters and edema after you eating the fresh wood ear mushroom and radiated by the sun.
The wood ear mushroom needs to be soaked in water for a while, and then washed several times with tap water, the flowing water can avoid pesticide penetration.
Don’t use ordinary detergents to clear the fungus. The chemical composition of the detergent itself is likely to remain on the fungus, which is detrimental to human health.
The best way is to rinse it with salt water. However, never soak it in water for a long time, otherwise, the vitamins in the fungus will be completely lost, and the pesticide dissolved in water may reverse the penetration into the fungus. Don’t soak wood ears for more than 2-3 hours.
*If you eat fresh wood ear mushroom poisoning, you can mash the raw winter melon vines into juice and drink it to detoxify.
How to cook wood ear mushroom salad
Wood Ear Mushroom Salad Recipe:
Wood Ear Mushroom Salad Recipe Ingredients:
20g Black wood ear mushrooms (Fungus)
2 Tablespoons garlic, finely minced
1 Dried chili, minced
1 tablespoon Coriander, minced
1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cooked white sesame
1 tablespoon olive oil
Wood Ear Mushroom Salad Recipe Instructions:
1. Take one cup of warm water in a bowl and soak the black fungus in it for about 3 hours. Then wash the black fungus and tear it into small pieces.
2. Heat a wok with water and cook until boiling. Add the fungus to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then transfer the fungus in a bowl and let it cool.
3. Drain off the remaining oil and clean the wok. And heat the wok with olive oil, and stir-fry Sichuan peppercorn until fragrant.
4. Filter the Sichuan peppercorn and pour the oil in another bowl. Add the garlic, chili, light soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt to make the seasoning sauce.
5. Pour the seasoning sauce on the black fungus, and sprinkle the sesame oil on it. Then mix it with coriander and white sesame. Serve.
Wood Ear Mushroom Salad
- 20g Black Wood Ear Mushrooms Fungus
- 2 tablespoons garlic finely minced
- 1 Dried chili minced
- 1 tablespoon Coriander minced
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cooked white sesame
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Take one cup of warm water in a bowl and soak the black fungus in it for about 3 hours. Then wash the black fungus and tear it into small pieces.
- Heat a wok with water and cook until boiling. Add the fungus to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then transfer the fungus in a bowl and let it cool.
- Drain off the remaining oil and clean the wok. And heat the wok with olive oil, and stir-fry Sichuan peppercorn until fragrant.
- Filter the Sichuan peppercorn and pour the oil in another bowl. Add the garlic, chili, light soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and salt to make the seasoning sauce.
- Pour the seasoning sauce on the black fungus, and sprinkle the sesame oil on it. Then mix it with coriander and white sesame. Serve.