White Fungus Soup is a common Chinese dessert snack with a smooth, sweet and mellow taste. It has a very high nutritional value, health benefits and also has a cosmetic effect. White Fungus Soup has various methods. Commonly ones are rock sugar white fungus soup, white fungus jujube soup, white fungus lotus seed soup, and white fungus soup.
What is White Fungus?
White fungus is also known as snow fungus, looks pure white to milky white and has a diameter of 5 to 10 cm. It is a special product in China. In ancient China, it was an extravagant tonic. A good quality snow fungus has a large and loose ear flower with round shape, it usually white or slightly yellowish color and no black spots or impurities on the pedicle. It is soft and translucent and elastic. Fresh white fungus should be acid-free, smelly-free or odorous-free. If the dried white fungus is white, it is maybe bleached with sulfur.
White Fungus Benefits
1. The white fungus can improve liver detoxification ability and protect liver function. It has a certain curative effect on chronic bronchitis and pulmonary heart disease in the elderly.
2. White fungus is rich in vitamin D, which can prevent the loss of calcium and is very beneficial to the growth and development of the body. And the White fungus soup is rich in selenium, which can enhance the body’s anti-tumor immunity.
3. White fungus is rich in natural vegetable gelatin, which has the effect of moisturizing and removing chloasma and freckles on the face.
4. The active constituents of white fungus, acidic polysaccharides, can enhance the body’s immunity and have anti-tumor effects.
5. Dietary fiber in the white fungus can help gastrointestinal motility, reduce fat absorption, and thus achieve weight loss.
6. The white fungus can also enhance the tolerance of cancer patients to radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
White Fungus Soup Recipe:
1 Dried snow fungus
White lotus seed
Red lotus seed
6 Dried longan
1 tablespoon wolfberries
1 Rock sugar
How to make White Fungus Soup
1. Soak snow fungus in a bowl until soft. Remove the yellow part of the root.
2. Tear the snow fungus into small pieces and put it into the pressure cooker. Add the white lotus seeds, red lotus seeds and 1.5L clear water.
3. Cook it until boiling. Turn the fire down, continue to cook it under middle heat for 30 minutes. Turn off the fire, add the lily, longan and jujube and continue to cook it for 10 minutes.
4. Add the green raisins, blackcurrant raisins, wolfberries, rock sugar and cook until the rock sugar completely melted.
5. Transfer it on a large bowl. Let it cool and refrigerate. Serve.
White Fungus Soup
- 1 Dried snow fungus
- White lotus seed
- Red lotus seed
- Dried lily
- 6 Dried longan
- 6 Jujube
- Green raisins
- Blackcurrant raisins
- 1 tablespoon Wolfberries
- 1 Rock sugar
- Soak snow fungus in a bowl until soft. Remove the yellow part of the root.
- Tear the snow fungus into small pieces and put it into the pressure cooker. Add the white lotus seeds, red lotus seeds and 1.5L clear water.
- Cook it until boiling. Turn the fire down, continue to cook it under middle heat for 30 minutes. Turn off the fire, add the lily, longan and jujube and continue to cook it for 10 minutes.
- Add the green raisins, blackcurrant raisins, wolfberries, rock sugar and cook until the Rock sugar completely melted.
- Transfer it on a large bowl. Let it cool and refrigerate. Serve.