Chinese chive is a very healthy grass-like herb, which cultivated and naturalized elsewhere in Asia and around the world.
What is Chinese chive
Chinese chive is also called garlic chives, Asian chives and Chinese leek. It is a species of onion native to southwestern Shanxi province, China.
And Chinese chive and egg stir fry is a traditional Chinese famous dish, which appears in many cuisines. The raw materials are chives and eggs. It is simple and easy to make.
Benefits of Chinese chive
The main nutritional components of Chinese chives are vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, nicotinic acid, carotene, carbohydrates and minerals.
Chinese chive is also rich in cellulose. (Per 100 grams of Chinese chives contain about 1.5 grams of cellulose.)It is higher than green onions and celery. It can promote intestinal peristalsis and prevent the occurrence of colorectal cancer.
At the same time, it can reduce the absorption of cholesterol, and play a role in preventing and treating arteriosclerosis, coronary heart disease and other diseases.
Growing Chinese chive
1. Temperature: Garlic chives like cold growth environment, cold and heat resistant. The suitable temperature for seed germination is above 12 ° C, the growth temperature is 15 ° C to 25 ° C, and the lower part of the ground can tolerate lower temperatures.
2. Light: Garlic chive is suitable for medium light intensity, strong resistance to negative. However, if the light is too weak, the accumulation of photosynthetic products is small, the tillers are small and weak, the yield is low, and early aging is easy; if the light is too strong, the temperature is too high, there are many fibers, and the quality is poor.
3. Moisture: It has a suitable air relative humidity of 60-70%, and the soil humidity is 80-90% of the maximum water holding capacity in the field.
4 soil nutrition: it has strong adaptability to soil texture, a suitable pH is 5.5-6.5. And it requires a large amount of fertilizer and has a strong tolerance for fertilizer.
Chinese chive recipe
1 Chinese chive
How to make Chinese chive and egg stir fry
1. Cut the chives into sections and beat an egg in a bowl.
2. Heat a wok with oil, and stir-fry the egg well. Transfer it on a plate.
3. Heat the wok with oil again, and stir-fry the Chinese chive for a few times. Add egg in the wok.
4. Sprinkle tight amount of salt in the wok and stir-fry evenly. Transfer it on a plate and serve.
Chinese Chive and Egg Stir Fry
- 1 Chinese chive
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Cut the chives into sections and beat an egg in a bowl.
- Heat a wok with oil, and stir-fry the egg well. Transfer it on a plate.
- Heat the wok with oil again, and stir-fry the Chinese chive for a few times. Add egg in the wok.
- Sprinkle tight amount of salt in the wok and stir-fry evenly. Transfer it on a plate and serve.