Chopsticks refer to common eating tools in China. They are usually made of bamboo, wood, bone, porcelain, ivory, metal, plastic and other materials. It is one of the common tableware in the world and one of the symbols of Chinese food culture. It was invented in China and later spread to Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese and other Chinese character cultural circles.
How to choose chopsticks?
1. Material: Bamboo chopsticks and stainless steel chopsticks are more hygienic.
Bamboo chopsticks are made of natural materials and are not easily deformed. From the perspective of safety, hygiene and price, bamboo chopsticks are the best choice.
Stainless steel chopsticks are more hygienic. However, the current quality of stainless steel chopsticks is not uniform. If the quality is not good enough, it may cause the precipitation of heavy metals. Avoid long-term contact with vinegar and salt when using it. Do not use cleaning balls or strong acids and alkalis to clean, otherwise it will cause the heavy metals to dissolve. Although the surface of metal chopsticks is worn, it is not easy to hide dirt.
In addition, there are many melamine chopsticks on the market, which look similar to plastic. If they are cleaned, the probability of breeding bacteria is small. But be sure to identify the QS mark when purchasing, and beware of counterfeit and shoddy products that are not heat-resistant and easily release carcinogen formaldehyde, which is produced with urethane resin.
2. Color: It is best to choose the original color
When choosing chopsticks, do not choose patterns, colorful or uneven surface, it is best to choose the original color, no painted, and one-piece, smooth, no nicks, no carved chopsticks. Because colored chopsticks may also cause harmful residues during the dyeing process. Once the pigments fall off, it is unhealthy to eat, the uneven surface will hide dirt and become a hotbed for bacteria and mold.
3. Raw lacquered chopsticks are better than naked
Many people think that naked chopsticks are hygienic and environmentally friendly. In fact, without a layer of raw lacquer, chopsticks will more easily absorb moisture, wear and crack, leaving food residues in the gaps to breed bacteria. Applying raw lacquer is like putting a protective film on the chopsticks to make it waterproof.
We independently research, test, and find these 10 best chopsticks. The following review will help you make a clear comparison among these so that you can pick the chopstick that is perfect or you.
1. Best Overall: Hiware 10-Pair Fiberglass Chopsticks
Rated the best overall pair of chopsticks, the Hiware 10-pair fiberglass chopsticks are 9.5” in length and come in four different colors. They are dishwasher-safe and rust-resistant, and if they ever bend or crack, you can return them for a full refund or replacement with no questions asked.
● Made with a convenient non-slip design
● Made without paint or other coatings so they are healthy to eat with
● Some complaints about the overall quality of the chopsticks
If you’re looking for a well made and attractive pair of chopsticks, these are the ones you want, especially if you want a set that will last for many years to come.
2. Best reusable chopsticks: Hiware 10-Pair Reusable Chopsticks
These are rated the best reusable chopsticks on the market but they offer far more than this. The set comes with five metal spiral chopsticks and five chopsticks made out of bamboo. The tops and bottoms of each pair are made out of anti-slip materials, making them easy to hold onto as you eat.
● Easy to grip so they are perfect for beginners
● Made without harmful materials and in beautiful Asian designs
● Some complaints about the smell of the bamboo
These chopsticks have a polished look that makes them very attractive indeed and they are durable enough to last for a very long time.
3. Best Titanium Chopsticks: finessCity Titanium Chopsticks
Available in seven different colors, these lightweight chopsticks are considered the best titanium chopsticks on the market. They are rounded chopsticks that are each 9” long and are dishwasher-safe and non-allergenic. They even come in a strong aluminum case so you can take them on your next vacation or camping trip.
● Available in colors such as red, pink, and orange
● Perfect for eating all types of Asian foods, including rice and noodles
● Some users have complained about the chopsticks leaving marks at the bottom of dishes
Better than stainless steel or metal chopsticks, these chopsticks are smooth and will never be stained by the food you’re eating.
4. Best wooden chopsticks: HuaLan Japanese Natural Wood Chopsticks
The HuaLan chopsticks are considered the best wooden chopsticks available and they are made in five different types of wood, including ebony and cherrywood. The set comes with five pairs of chopsticks that are roughly 9” long and covered in food-grade lacquer for extra smoothness and usability.
● Non-slip top for easy holding ability even for beginners
● The perfect gift for anyone who loves Asian food
● Some users have complained about the chopsticks warping after a time
The chopsticks are also very easy to use, thanks to their smooth design, and won’t get stained by food regardless of how long you’ve been using them.
5. Best bamboo chopsticks: JapanBargain Bamboo Chopsticks
Considered the best bamboo chopsticks around, this five-pair set of chopsticks comes in four different colors and are 9” in length. They are made out of real, high-quality bamboo and come to a point at the end, making them useful for a variety of Asian dishes.
● Super cute and attractive
● Lightweight and very easy to grip and hold
● Some users complain about the unpleasant odor of the chopsticks
Indeed, the chopsticks are extremely popular with most users, in part because they are eye-catching, well made, and can be used for all types of Asian dishes from rice to noodles and everything in between.
6. Best travel chopsticks: Kikkerland Collapsible Travel Chopsticks
Because they are collapsible and easy to store regardless of where you wish to put them, these are considered the best travel chopsticks and offer advantages such as brushed stainless-steel materials and natural hardwood tips, a 7.5” design, and extras that include a clear plastic case to make it even easier to take them with you wherever you go.
● Convenient 4.5” design when folded
● Very strong but lightweight
● Some users claim that the chopsticks arrived broken
Overall, users love these chopsticks because they are durable, are lightweight, and come with a case that is handy regardless of where you go with them.
7. Best cooking chopsticks: Donxote Cooking Chopsticks
These are extra-long chopsticks made especially for cooking up your favorite Asian dishes. At 16.5” long, they are perfect for making rice or noodle dishes of all kinds. This is one of the reasons why they are considered the best cooking chopsticks on the market.
● Made with natural timber so they’re easy to work with
● Smooth, functional, and very attractive
● Some users may think that the price is too high
These chopsticks make the perfect pair for all types of stir-fry and other types of Asian cooking so they will never let you down even if you cook with them for a very long time.
8. Best chopsticks for beginners: Edison Training/Helper Chopsticks
Made for adult-sized right hands, these chopsticks are called the best chopsticks for beginners, thanks to their unique design. They are soft but sturdy and safe for use with all types of food. They also come in numerous colors and are designed specifically for people who have never used chopsticks before.
● Finger loops make it easy to hold onto them while you learn
● Very reasonable price, cheaper than most other chopsticks
● Some users claim that they had trouble using them correctly
These chopsticks are also made out of a smooth plastic and won’t cost you much to buy them, making them perfect for beginning users.
9. Best chopsticks for family: HuaLan Fiberglass Alloy Chopsticks Series
Made in five different designs and colors, these are considered the best chopsticks for family use because they are durable, comfortable to hold, and attractive. The non-absorbent materials mean that food won’t stain them and they are even heat-resistant to protect your hands from becoming too hot with use.
● Made out of high-quality materials that are dishwasher-safe
● Very reasonably priced
● Some users have claimed that the chopsticks break easily
These chopsticks are nearly impossible to bend or break. If you’re looking for a high-quality set of chopsticks that won’t break the bank, look no further because this is it.
10. Best chopsticks for Kids: Petty Edison Training Chopsticks for Children
Considered the best chopsticks for kids, the Petty Edison training chopsticks are not only easy to use but are darned cute as well. They are available in green or purple and have a cute toy-like design on the top. They have loops for tiny fingers to go through, and their 7” design is perfect for kids of all ages.
● Soft and food-safe
● Uniquely designed and made especially for youngers
● Some users have complained that the chopsticks were too loose in their children’s hands
Most users love the unique design and consider them the perfect pair of chopsticks for kids who have never used them before so this is a great purchase for young beginners.